Monday, July 23, 2012

Top 5 Teacher Must Haves

With back to school shopping season in full swing (drool), I thought this linky party with Teacher Idea Factory and Life is Sweet...in Kindergarten was an awesome idea! My top 5 teaching "must have" items!




1. Smelly Stickers

These are on the top of my list every year. When one of my BFF's Missy informed me that smelly stickers were the key to teaching success, I was hesitant. What middle schooler would really care about smelly stickers? Oh, don't judge my friend. My little darlings will do anything for smelly stickers...and they proudly display them on their science journals when they receive a "Woot" grade on a test.

2. Dollar Store Bins






The Dollar Tree and Dollar Spot section at Target are seriously my favorite back to school shopping spots. I find so many fantastic goodies in there, and this year I found some great blue and green bins to match my new classroom theme!

3. Ziploc Bags




I keep a giant drawer filled with Ziploc bags (all sizes) in my classroom. I usually ask for donations at Open House, so that I can have a good stash in there. I'm constantly using them, whether it's for a "New Student Bag" (which I still need to make...), field trip goodies, or when a kiddo needs to store some "cut out paper items" in their locker. Ziploc bags are a lifesaver for sure! 


4. Food Coloring




As a science teacher, I'm always demonstrating different labs for my kids. Most of the time, I'm using cheap materials like water or oil...and adding food coloring makes any boring liquid more fun! Again, I usually ask for donations at Open House, and my kids love choosing the colors for our class demonstrations!

5. Paper Mate Profile Ballpoint Pens




These pens are my absolute favorite for grading! They are the smoothest pens I have ever used, and they usually go on sale this time of year!

Well, there you have it! My Top 5 Teacher Must Haves! 

What are your must haves in your classroom? Link up and share!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic post!! Thank you so much for linking up! I have a drawer filled with all sizes of Ziploc bags too. You need them all the time for all sorts of projects and it always seems to pay off to have them handy.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been blog stalking today and reading all these posts makes me want to take a trip to the dollar tree!

    Your newest follower,
    Stephany
    primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...