Last week I headed up to my classroom for the first time since the last day of school (yes, I am CRAZY). I was greeted with this...
Oh boy, do I have my work cut out for me...
However, despite the huge amount of work it's going to take to organize and decorate my room, seeing my "un-designed" room reminded me of how much I adore this time of the summer. I love seeing the school supplies fill the aisles of Target and Wal-Mart. I love this tranquil time in my classroom, where I can meticulously go through every single box and decide what to put on my walls. It's like a fresh start. A new beginning. There is something so special about the start of a school year. So much looms ahead, and so much is unexpected. The excitement in the air is palpable, and I am one of those teachers who has to "nest" in her classroom for a while in order to feel "ready" for the school year. By this time of year, I am ready to go back and discover what new adventures wait for me!
I will definitely be updating all of you on the changes I plan on making in my room for this next school year!
Do you love this time of the year as much as I do...or are you dreading the start of school?




I agree! I love this time of year.. It's easier to slowly transition into the school year. We have a couple weeks to set up our rooms and get ready for our new kids!
ReplyDeleteIt's a good time of year. Although--I'm slowly getting ready for some curriculum prep. That's what I'm not fully ready for!
ReplyDelete