Summer. Is. The. Best.
Last week, I joined my friends Missy, Julie, their kiddos. and Missy's sister-in-law Katie on a Friday morning excursion to the St. Louis Zoo. I always forget how much I enjoy the zoo, and since we went at 8 AM, it wasn't too hot and there weren't many people. Plus, the animals were super active and out to play!
The elephants were playing in the water-too adorable!
After a few hours of walking around, we headed to...Jilly's Cupcake Bar for lunch and cupcakes! I hadn't been back since the wedding (I know) and was dying to taste the only cupcake we didn't get a chance to try at our own wedding: the best-selling Chocolate Thunder cupcake! We never tried it at our cupcake tasting because the fantastic Peter informed us that it was their best-seller, and we knew we needed a chocolate cupcake to round out our choices. I also printed off a coupon for a FREE cupcake (if you and a friend each buy lunch) so that I could take one home to the hubs. You can print one too right off the Jilly's website.
It was, as always, extremely difficult to choose between the other delectable flavors offered at Jilly's. You really can't go wrong with any of their perfect cupcakes! They have their "Everyday Delights" cupcakes that are always available as well as specialties every month.
Julie's son Cole settled on the Missylicious Cupcake: a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream.
Carson chose the Reese's Chunkage which had Reese's and peanut butter and chocolate ganache.
Julie chose the Turtle-which we tried at our tasting.
Katie chose the Pink Lemoretto-which was the perfect blend of sweet and tart.
I don't have pictures of Missy's cupcake of choice, which was the pink velvet that we had at our wedding, and her kiddos chose a chocolate simply iced cake that looked delicious!
As for my cupcake, the Chocolate Thunder? Perfection. Not too rich, and perfectly balanced.
As if my Friday Jilly's adventure wasn't enough, on Saturday we got to have Jilly's AGAIN at our friend Meghan's Medical School Graduation Celebration! Ahh! I was in heaven!
This time around I tried the Jilly's on the Beach June Specialty cupcake. It was a vanilla cake filled with key lime curd and a mango cream cheese icing. Let me tell you-this was the best cupcake I have had in a LONG time. The mango cream cheese frosting was absolutely the most unexpectedly delicious combination! If you live in the STL area definitely try it!
I wish I had another one right now...


















No comments:
Post a Comment