Monday, June 18, 2012

A Day in the Life- Summer Style!

Don't you just love summertime? The weather, the food, the sun...it doesn't get much better!
I thought since I did a "Day in the Life" post during the school year that I would post another one for what my life is like during the summer months!

7:30- Wake up. Stumble into the kitchen to turn on the coffee pot for the hubs and start stretching before my morning run with my favorite pup.

8:00- Kiss the hubby goodbye as I head out the door with Lucy for our jog. We run about two miles through the park in our neighborhood, stopping to admire the geese and turtles of course. :)

8:30- Lucy and I return, sweaty and tired. I do light workout for my abs and arms while she takes a little nap.

9:00- Time for Pinterest and blog checks! Hooray! I pin away as I much on some breakfast...raspberry muffins, my favorite!

9:15- I hop in the shower to officially get ready for the day. After getting out of the shower, I make myself a giant iced coffee! Yum!


9:45- Today is Thursday, so I head out the door to tutor.

10:00- I arrive at my kiddo's house. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I tutor a second grader for two hours in phonics and math. We have a blast playing some word recognition games out in the sun!

12:00- Tutoring is finished! I head to the fruit stand to pick up some produce for the rest of the week and weekend! I grab some yummy watermelon and corn-perhaps we will grill tonight?

1:00- I'm feeling the need for a good read, so after bringing the groceries home I head to the pool to read on my kindle for a little while. I enjoy a nice cherry limeade from Sonic as I enjoy more of my book. This is the good life. I find time to read a little for my Master's classes too. :)



3:00 (ish)- I head home and see what's up in the blog world, Facebook, Twitter, etc. for a little while before heading out to Target to scour the clearance aisles. I'm still shopping for Honeymoon stuff. :) I pick up a few good finds.

4:00- I head home and prepare the burgers for tonight.Tonight's dinner is burgers, corn on the cob, and fresh watermelon. Can't get more summer-y than that! After preparing the burgers I flip on the DVR and catch up on some of my favorite Food Network shows.

5:30- Hubby is home! Time to snuggle and catch up!

6:00- The hubs starts cooking our feast on the grill while work on some of my Master's class stuff...I can't get enough reading this summer!

6:30- Time to eat!

7:00- We make some margaritas to enjoy together outside as we chat. Married life is good.

7:45- The hubs and I head in the house to watch the rest of the Cardinals game together.

9:00- I'm getting tired of the Cards losing, so I head to take a nice, long bubble bath with my book by my side.

10:00- Despite my relaxing day, I'm getting sleepy! Time to head to bed with my...you guessed it...Kindle!

Isn't summer the BEST?


2 comments:

  1. I can't resist a trip to Target to scour the clearance! Half of the stuff in my classroom either came from the dollar spot or clearance-one of my students once told me, "Ms. Ellison, I'm pretty sure that if you weren't at Target AT LEAST once a week, they would think you had died or something!"

    Laura
    Will Grade For Coffee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...