Wednesday, June 13, 2012

DIY: Paint Chip Art

I've been oogling over paint chip (or swatches...whatever you like to call them) art over on my Pinterest page for quite some time now...and the time came to try my hand at creating some new art from paint chips for my guest bathroom! I decided to go with a subtle pixelated piece...much like the one that Sherry created over on one of my favorite blogs, YoungHouseLove.


First, I assembled the paint chips. I casually sauntered into Lowes and happily picked up as many chips as my heart desired...leaving a few of course. :)


I then examined the frames, and the sheet of scrapbook paper currently serving as the "art" in the bathroom.


Then, I started assembling the paint chips into a pattern I liked. 


Once I figured out the pattern, I used scotch tape to tape the chips down to the scrapbook paper, being sure to cover the names of the paint as I went along.

The end result?





My husband and I both really like our new art pieces! I think this would be far more powerful in a larger frame, but the look is very nice, clean, and simple. Plus...it's FREE! I can't wait to try more paint chip art in the future!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness-those are AMAZING! Surely I still have some wall space that still needs to be filled...

    Laura
    Will Grade For Coffee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...