To view my current blog and download my Scientists of the Month, visit www.elementaryendeavors.weebly.com
Well...here it is! The BIG classroom reveal!
This is my classroom door. I got the idea from, of course, Pinterest!
This is to the right of my classroom door. I have folders for our school Talent Show and Drama Club so kiddos can pick up information.
This is to the left of my door. I have a whiteboard where I can write any supplies that kids need for that day (markers, scissors, etc.) as well as a "Textbook" sheet where I can check if they need their book or not.
This is looking at the back of my classroom door. I love having the file cabinet, two door cabinet, and bookshelf right there to create a little "nook."
This is my student bookshelf, which my kiddos can access anything, anytime.
On the top I have my turn in trays, my science journal binder, and my science starters (warmups) binder.
I also have my "absent" folders and tissues for those runny little noses.
On the second shelf I have glue...
Our science starters warmup sheets...
And scissors!
On the bottom shelves I have buckets for my "all finished" work. (Mensa puzzles, science investigations, and magazines and books).
I plan on putting some band-aids in that cute little magnetic purple container.
I am in LOVE with this little framed sign. :) It says, "This classroom runs on love, laughter, and lots of coffee."
Can't beat these cute bins from the dollar store!
In the front of my classroom, I have my favorite bulletin board of all time...
Where I feature a "Scientist of the Month..." (I already printed out the scientists for the entire year so they are ready to go.)
A section for Twitter related posts and pictures...
A section for witty "Science Stuff" I find online...
Gotta love a good Einstein quote!
I heart this t-shirt design!
And last, a section for science events around the St. Louis area!
I have my hall passes hanging on the side of the file cabinet by the door.
I made them using Picassa and laminated them (they are cardboard).
On top of the file cabinet I have my sign in sheet, classroom job whiteboard, and my classroom pencils.
This whiteboard will allow me to change my classroom jobs quickly!
I LOVE my pencil jars and my cute framed sign! :)
On my two door cabinet I will place all school related bulletins and papers (lunch calendars, etc). I put the colorful paper to give you an idea of where the papers will go.
On my side bulletin boards (which is really a chalkboard covered with fabric), I have my word wall...
My "current unit" posters in the middle...
And my "Woot" Wall!
My back bookshelf is pretty much the same as last year. I have my clipboards, pitchers, caddies, and other random science objects (that aren't too valuable) stored there.
I also keep more goodies on top of my cabinets.
I am obsessed with my "Brainstorm" board...and the empty containers beneath it will soon contain my students' science journals.
I printed new labels for my cabinets and drawers. They really help out substitute teachers and my kids!
I love this new label on my paper towel dispenser!
I also covered my open storage areas under my counter with black fabric this year. It completely changes the look of the room-and it's so nice not to see those ugly storage containers lurking beneath my counter tops!
Here is a view from the back left corner of the classroom...
My only class rule this year is proudly displayed front and center!
These are the cute bulletin boards between my windows. I have my Star Wars poster and Albert Einstein poster proudly displayed on two boards...
And my Mythbusters poster and Einstein quote on the other two!
This is "my bookshelf," for my binders, pictures, and random items.
I also keep my "Snaps" awards raffle tickets up here.
Aww...who is that cute dog? :)
On my AC unit, I keep my file of graded work, my three hole punch...
My computer...
And my plastic drawers where I keep my copies for the entire week. The star container on top is for student prizes.
I also hung up my science aprons on the wall.
My lateral filing cabinet is my new favorite piece of furniture in the room. I'm keeping some student files in there, as well as my purse and other personal items.
Notice the cute "sub tub" container and plastic drawers (perfect for storing goodies) to the left of the cabinet.
My desk is covered with a bright polka dot fabric, which I completely adore.
I also covet this quote, which I just HAD to frame on my desk.
Here are some little gems from my bulletin board by my desk...
My front lab table is pretty boring, but since I utilize it all the time I like to keep it nice and tidy.
Here are my new "hand signals" that we will use this year behind our door.
I stored my emergency folder on the side of the bookshelf for easy access...
As well as my "Where We Are" board that I can hang outside the door when we aren't in our classroom.
Here are some wider shots of the front of the room...
And the back...
I like my cute owl stickers on my pens and pencils to let my kids know that they belong to me. :) We'll see if they work...
Well, there it is! The new room! What do you think?
WOW!! Everything looks amazing!! I love your Scientist of the Month idea. Are you willing to share those documents with a fellow science teacher!?
ReplyDeleteYes ma'am! Send me your email. :) melissatackett11@gmail.com
DeleteWould you be willing to share your Scientist of the Month resources with me? What an amazing idea! klwautlet@gmail.com
DeleteI love your room ideas! I'd also love your Scientist of the Month documents! It's something I was trying to do with my kids! fisch622@gmail.com
DeleteI absolutely love your room. I am a new middle school science teacher looking for ideas... and your classroom tour really helped! If you are willing, I would also love to utilize the Scientist of the Month documents. smfuller5@gmail.com
DeleteThank you SO much!
Great job!!! Can you send me your Scientist of the Month documents? That's such a great idea! brianna.r.klco@gmail.com
DeleteIt is absolutely perfect! I'm setting up my own classroom after having long term subbed in way too many other teacher's classrooms, so I'm very excited and loving your ideas <3 I would also love your Scientist of the Month docs, please! spenc036@cougars.csusm.edu
DeleteCheers to a terrific year!
Cathy Spencer
Wow, thanks so much for all the wonderful ideas! I am a 7th grade science teacher and I would love to borrow your Scientist of the Month idea. whiter710@gmail.com
DeleteHave a wonderful year!
Renee White
I am a second year teacher and am still trying to figure out how I like my room and the best ways to be organized so this post is great! I found you on pinterest and will definitely be checking out the rest of your blog :-) We are starting to study scientists this year as an addition to our curriculum and I would LOVE to use your scientist of the month documents if you are willing to share! My email is j.powell.922@gmail.com. Looking forward to using several of your ideas!
DeleteI am a second year teacher and am still trying to figure out how I like my room and the best ways to be organized so this post is great! I found you on pinterest and will definitely be checking out the rest of your blog :-) We are starting to study scientists this year as an addition to our curriculum and I would LOVE to use your scientist of the month documents if you are willing to share! My email is j.powell.922@gmail.com. Looking forward to using several of your ideas!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteHi Could you pleae share this to another new science teacher as wel??? I love the scientist of hte month idea!! i was also wondering if you could share your science starters??? THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Deletelauren.doornbos2@gmail.co,
I was wanting to do a scientist of the month this year, would love to not reinvent the wheel. Please share with me! calliejoburgett@yahoo.com
DeleteI found Teach Bake Love from your Elementary Endeavors site. I love both of them!!! I am currently teaching 9th/10th graders and just accepted a 4th grade position. I have been on pinterest and blogs like mad.... getting really great ideas. I would love if you can share your scientist of the month!!!
Deletesarah7cole@gmail.com THANK YOU!
Hi!
DeleteI'm a student teacher in a 6th grade class in California and I love your classroom! I came across your blog on Pinterest and I am absolutely blown away by the organization of your class! Would you be willing to e-mail me any materials, I especially love your scientist of the month idea =]
(andertoj@seawolf.sonoma.edu)
I am switching from 5th grade to 6th grade science this year. I would love your science starters and Scientists of the Month if you don't mind sharing.
Deletesara.garcia01@polk-fl.net
Ugh just wrote this long reply then it was deleted :( in short we have similar ideas, love your room. Would like your scientist of the month info, had the same idea but was going to use a Facebook page to organize the information so Tue list of scientists you used would be a huge help. allyalexsonshk@gmail.com
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteLove your room! I have been looking everywhere for scientist of the month resources! Would love if you could share! cmedmondson88@gmail.com
DeleteLove your room!! I would love your science starters and Scientists of the Month if you don't mind sharing. Thank you so much!
Deletematzken@mail.gvsu.edu
Your room looks amazing! I was just switched to 6th grade science and this tour was extremely helpful. If possible, I would love the science starters and Scientists of the Month information if you're okay with sharing those. Thank you so much!
Deletenaorl@nvnet.org
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE it! I need to get the kids' rooms organized like this- which I have before, but obviously I need a better system! LOL
ReplyDeleteYour Brainstorm board reminded me of one of the songs that I have on my iPod for the kids... it's called "Brainstorming" by the Imagination Movers
Aww thank you!! :)
DeleteVery cute classroom! I can't wait to get mine finished!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Crouse - check out my 100 follower giveaway! enter to win!
Awesome! I'm following! :)
DeleteI love your classroom! Did you use fabric to cover the top of your desk?
ReplyDeleteI did! :)
DeleteHow did you attach the fabric to the top of the desk?
DeleteHow did you attach the fabric to the top of the desk?
DeleteI like many of your ideas! One suggestion is to have magnets on the back of your hall passes so when students use the rest room they can hang it on the wall in there instead of trying to hold onto it. I really like the bin for the week's copies. I may have to go get one today!
ReplyDeleteOooh great idea Laura!
DeleteYour room is SO ORGANIZED! I can see why you're a top notch teacher - it comes from the ground up. Excellent work. I think I may have to steal your door idea. I was wondering what to do with mine this year.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
Thank you! The door idea was from Pinterest and is so adorable. Thank you for commenting on the organization...it's an obsession really. :)
DeleteWow everything is looking great & ready for students! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
DeleteYour room is awesome! I am teaching 5th grade science this year and I will be visiting you often for ideas! I love your brainstorm board and also the Scientist of the Week. I want to do that...would you mind sharing the scientists you highlight? Thanks for the tour. You can check my room out here....Keep Calm & Imagine
ReplyDeleteVicky
I can email you the scientists..send me your email: melissatackett11@gmail.com :) I'm following you!
DeleteThanks! That's so sweet of you to share! Thanks for following me too....did you enter my giveaway? My e-mail is vickyhunt0605@gmail.com
DeleteVicky
www.keepcalmandimagine.blogspot.com
Your personality shines in your classroom! Looks great!!
ReplyDeleteKate
EduKate and Inspire
Thank you! :)
DeleteHello! I am fellow 6th grade teacher and stumbled upon your blog through Laura at Will Grade For Coffee's Awesome 6th Grade Blogs link up! I love the colors and organization in your classroom and am thrilled to find a good blog for 6th grade science (they seem to be few and far between!!). I'm your newest follower and a newbie to the blog world- I would love it if you took and moment to hop over to my blog and link up with me :)
ReplyDeleteHappy new school year!
Megan
teacher-wife.blogspot.com
SO nice to meet you! I'm following now...can't wait to share ideas! :)
Deletefound you through a 6th grade blog list... your classroom is GREAT!!!
ReplyDeletenow following you!
Elizabeth
Hodges Herald
Following you too! :)
DeleteOh my gosh! Your room! I LOVE IT! I will be stealing some of your ideas :)
ReplyDelete☼ Kate
To The Square Inch
Thank you so, so much for posting all of this! I love your blog...your creativity and enthusiasm are inspiring. I am contemplating a 7th and 8th grade middle school science position. Your blog will certainly be a resource! Thanks again!!!
ReplyDeleteMelissa- your classroom looks great! I will totally be referring to your site to revamp my room this fall. I would love to use your scientist of the month board. Can you email me your info? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteshannongriesenauer@gmail.com
I would love to get my hands on the scientist on the month info as well (lmjsandler3@gmail.com) ...great idea. Also, where did you find the scientist posters that you have on the wall (Darwin, Curie, etc)...I love that they don;t look like they're from the 6o's! Thanks! l
DeleteGreat detail! Definitely snagging some ideas from your room. I've got to figure out how to organize my science displays. They're bulky but needed weekly. I think more shelving is the answer.
ReplyDeleteHey there!
ReplyDeleteI know this post is older, but I came across it on Pinterest! First of, wow, amazing!!! But also, I wanted to know if you could tell me how you covered your desk with the fabric. Mine is wooden, would that work?
Thanks in Advance,
Amanda
As a new teacher, I would love the information on the scientist of the month idea also. I can use all the help I can get! heffelmire@comcast.net
ReplyDeleteHello! I am sixth grade science teacher and would LOVE it if you would share your scientist of the month information! Your room is fabulous! Thanks!!
ReplyDeletecarrietak@gmail.com
Hello fellow Missouri science teacher! I love your classroom and am stealing some of your decor ideas for next year. Last year was my first year teaching 8th grade and we did a scientist of the week and boy was that a lot to keep up with so I am going to redesign it into scientist of the month. Keep up the great work and pass on your love of teaching science!
ReplyDeleteYour room is amazing. I would love is you would share your scientist of the month. TaraCB@aol.com
ReplyDeleteThanks
I am so happy to have found your blog again!!! I saw this post last year and then somehow forgot to add it to my bloglovin'! I also really like the idea of the scientist of the month. if you are still sending out the documents my email is cemallison@gmail.com I am a 5th year middle school teacher where I teach 2 different levels of science and i am looking forward to reading your blog for inspiration, especially since I just noticed that you are from around St. Louis! I teach about an 1 1/2 hours away in a rural community. Thank you and hope you can enjoy the short amount of summer that is left!
ReplyDeleteWow this is very inspirational. I teach middle school and it has given me some great ideas. Are you willing to share your scientist of the month information? Ebvanderhoof@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to decorate my classroom now!
Oh I love your brain. I was just talking about making one today. I have started a wall of just scientist heads. Could I please get a copy of your scientist of the month? Kelly.lundgren15@gmail.com
ReplyDeletethanks for the blog. Awesome room!
Oh I love your brain. I was just talking about making one today. I have started a wall of just scientist heads. Could I please get a copy of your scientist of the month? Kelly.lundgren15@gmail.com
ReplyDeletethanks for the blog. Awesome room!
I too love your scientist of the month. Could you please get me a copy of those? I am also stealing your Pinterest idea for my door. Great room! nmk25@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
Love your classroom organization:) could you please share your scientist of the month? My email is achandupatla@aacps.org
ReplyDeleteThanks
Fantastic room! Please send me your scientist of the month! My email address is: tlcooke1@juno.com. Thanks so much!! Have a great year!
ReplyDeleteLove..Love..Love your room!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share ALL of your wonderful ideas. If you have time, would you mind sharing your scientist of the month! My email address is: corey.baird@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteThank you so much and hope you have a fantastic year!!
I am starting my second year in a science classroom. I love the scientist of the month also! What a great idea! If you are still willing to share that info I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you! Natashademerly@ gmail.com.
ReplyDeleteGreat room!
Natasha
Also, where did you get your science starters and investigations?
ReplyDeleteI would love the scientist of the month also if you're still willing :) I'm starting my first year in science!!
ReplyDeleteYou've given me awesome ideas for my classroom setup. Nice!
an_gmedina@yahoo.com
DeleteI am also interested in your science of the month and science starters. I am new to teaching and will be teaching 7th and 8th grade. I love some ideas I have gotten from your blog! lfoust03@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
Your Room Looks Amazing! Would You Mind Sharing The Scientist Of The Month And Science Starters One More Time? Amhaeger@Yahoo.Com
ReplyDeleteThank You!
I will also love scientist of the month and if possible science starters. njflyersfan@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteHey there. I know I am late to the party but I would really appreciate the scientists of the month resources too is you don't mind sharing :)
ReplyDeleteJennyclark900@gmail.com
Thanks x
Hello! I was wondering how to added the fabric to the top of your desk - is it just pinned/taped underneath the edges or did you use elastic around the edge? Such a neat idea!
ReplyDeleteI found your post via pintrest. Your classroom is amazing. Love the colors, bulletin boards, and ultra organized look. If you are still willing, I would also love your info on the scientist of the month. My email is michelle.markert@yahoo.com. Thank you! :) Michelle
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulously organized classroom! LOVE IT!!! Would you please share your Scientist of the Month information with me? banderson@beas.blueearth.k12.mn.us Thank you!!!!
ReplyDeleteI will be teaching 6th grade science this upcoming year and I love your site. You are the kind of science teacher I want to be! I would love anything you are willing to share!
ReplyDeleteMonica
mebush111@gmail.com
Hello, Melissa...
ReplyDeleteI love how your room is so organized! In looking through Pinterst for ideas/materials on the brain, I came upon your website. If you are still willing, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have a copy of your Scientist of the Month.
Thank you! Take care & God bless.
Paula
pesaul@mpsaz.org
I love your fabulously organized classroom! I have been searching for a set of colorful scientist posters like yours (Darwin/Curie) but have been unable to locate some. Would you mind sharing where you found yours or the company name? Would you please share your Scientist of the Month information with me?
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Bekki at bekki.sanders@gmail.com
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello! I am going into my first year as a Science 7 (Life Science) teacher. I think I just spent about half an hour pinning everything about your classroom! Thank you for the inspirational ideas! Would you be willing to share your Scientists of the Month and Class starters? If so, you can e-mail me at quinnke17@gmail.com. Thank you again for sharing your ideas!
ReplyDeleteI love the organization of your classroom. Your bulletin boards are wonderful. I am interested in creating the scientist of the month board. Can you please send me your files on this.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Jenny
jenny.deighan@gmail.com
Hello,
ReplyDeleteYou have some great ideas for setting up a science classroom. I will definitely be using some of them when I start setting up my own classroom this fall. I would love if you could share your Scientists of the month and class starters. If you could send them to me that would be great. I can be contacted at kirstenlang88@gmail.com.
Thanks so much,
Kirsten
Dear Melissa,
ReplyDeleteYour room rocks! I love the organization of it and the positive messages throughout. I too, would love to incorporate your scientist of the month board into my own class. I would credit you on the board! Thank you in advance for sharing all of your ideas. Danielle
daniellec@stcyril.com
Dear Melissa,
ReplyDeleteYour 6th grade classroom is fabulous! I can't imagine how many hours it must have taken! I would love to have a copy of your scientist of the month information if you still have it. Best of luck in 5th grade! Thank you so much. Kathy katherron@aol.com
Your scientist of the month is a hit. If you do not mind sharing again your information. Also your science starter ideas. You classroom is a dream! You need to be a classroom organizer consultant. I would hire you. Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteTide6972@aol.com
I will be a first year 7th grade science teacher this year and would really appreciate if you could send me the scientist of the year information- that is such an awesome idea! I love all of your organizational tricks--hoping my room can be as organized! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
Lbrinkleydickson@gmail.com
I really love your scientist of the month. Would you mind sharing them again? also, your science starter ideas. This will be my first year teaching middle school (6th, 7th and 8th grade)!!! Thanks so much! Tayc0018@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteIf you have received the scientist of the month list do you mind sharing not and email it to me at jayluvsme10@gmail.com. I too am teaching 6,7,8 science and I'm overwhelmed. Thanks in advance
DeleteCould you please send me the scientist of the month? Kristen.palumbo@gmail.com thanks!
DeleteCould you please send me the scientist of the month? Kristen.palumbo@gmail.com thanks!
DeleteCould you please send me the scientist of the month? Kristen.palumbo@gmail.com thanks!
DeleteHi, your classroom is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. I have my own classroom for the first time in a few weeks and I'm so excited to implement some of your ideas. Would you mind sharing your scientists of the month? I have 2 weeks to set up and I'm so overwhelmed with ideas. Miscas23@Gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks again
-Melissa
How did you make your desk cover? I love the fabric idea-so much prettier and easier to clean!
ReplyDeleteCan u pleas email me the list of your scientist of the month idea. My email is Jayluvsme10@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteCan you email me the scientist of the month document? I would really appreciate it! mebush111@gmail.com Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteCan you send me the scientist of the month doc? Thanks! jessmunro@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteCould you send me the scientist of the month doc as well? Your classroom is absolutely amazing. I love the hash tags. stephyykim@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI love your room and was wondering if you would share your scientist of the month with me also? Thank you so much! ruth.biggs@asu.edu
ReplyDeleteYour classroom looks amazing. You have great ideas. Would you be willing to share your scientist of the month?
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your classroom!! I just got a job teaching 7th grade science and would love to 'borrow' your Scientist of the Month idea! hwhitaker3489@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI totally love your classroom; it is awesome. Would you please share your "Scientist of the Month" with me? I will be teaching 6th grade math/science next year, and this would be a great addition to the science section!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!
Megan
meganjeffmorgan@att.net
I love your classroom/lab. I teach three science classes: earth, life and physical. I would love to add a scientist of the month but am having trouble finding resources. I would appreciate any help you can provide. My email is kimberlyalo@hotmail.com. Thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteI love it all! Can you please share your scientist of the month and science starters please? I greatly appreciate it. mreina23@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteHi there- I love love love your classroom, and being a 1st year 5th grade Science/SS teacher, I am getting some great inspiration from you!! If you wouldn't mind sharing, I would love a copy of your Scientist of the Month and your daily Science starters. My email is kathryne.bartocci@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, and I am looking forward to more posts!!
I am so impressed by your classroom! I am a second year 6th grade science teacher and looking for fresh ideas for this school year and have gotten some great ideas from your blog. Would it be possible to share your scientist of the month document with me?! I would love to incorporate it into my classroom. My email is: morgan_petersen25@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for your great ideas!
Your room is AMAZING!!!! So organized and cute! Would you share your scientist of the month with me or does it need to be purchased? Thank you in advance!!! So many cute ideas!
ReplyDeleteHi could you please send me your scientist of the month materials? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteJuliacrowe88@gmail.com
I ditto what everyone has already said! Fabulous classroom! Would you please share your scientist of the month with me, too?
ReplyDeleteameibl@hotmail.com
Thank you!
I was just hired to teach 7th & 8th Grade Science and am so excited! It's my FIRST classroom ever, even though I have been certified since 2007. I was originally K-6 and then added MS Math, Science and Civics to extend my marketability. I subbed over the years but only recently did not have my "fall back" tutoring job (after 8 years) and was worried I would not be able to find any kind of teaching position. Imagine my surprise when I was hired at a new charter school (in it's second year and expanding so much)! I am, literally, starting from scratch! Finding this blog has been an absolute godsend to help prevent me from being overwhelmed - thank you!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your classroom ideas! Thank you for sharing! I am at a school that was brand new last year and this year is the first year for 8th grade science. I literally have a blank slate to work with! I have already bookmarked your page. I love the scientist of the month idea as well and want to piggy back on everyone else. Would you please share your docs? dijones5022@gmail.com. My goal this year is to be more organized! Thank you! Have an awesome year!
ReplyDeleteI love your creativity! Could you share the scientist of the month surg me also? Kristen.palumbo@gmail.com thanks!
ReplyDeleteI love your creativity! Could you share the scientist of the month surg me also? Kristen.palumbo@gmail.com thanks!
ReplyDeleteI love your creativity! Could you share the scientist of the month surg me also? Kristen.palumbo@gmail.com thanks!
ReplyDeleteLove the scientist of the month idea (and your room)... would you be willing to share your scientist of the month resources? Thanks so much! nicolejnovak@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteLove your classroom! I do love the idea of scientist of the month. would you be willing to share that resource? Thank you so much! fenferg123@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteI tried to view your current blog and scientist of the month, but received a 4040 error. Could you share them with me? bridgetcb1@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks so much. I'm going to have the best looking classroom!!
I would love a copy of your scientist of the month papers..but the link isn't working. fkrelwitz@olopdarien.org
ReplyDeleteI would like your scientist starters and scientist of the month too. It's awesome. jlcg1022@yahoo.com
ReplyDelete