Friday, August 24, 2012

New Student? No Problem!

I know...I've been going overboard with the Pinterest inspired classroom projects...I can't help it! :)
When I made my beginning parent/student paperwork items this year, I reserved an extra five copies to create five "New Student" bags. The idea is that if I get a new student in the future, I can just reach down and grab a bag that contains everything they will need to learn about my class! I already got a new kiddo this week-so I'm so glad I did these ahead of time~=!


I'm keeping my New Student bags in my lateral filing cabinet, right next to my desk!



Inside is my syllabus, parent permission forms, label for our classroom website...


A "Back to School" survey so I can get to know the kiddo, and also a brand spankin' new science journal!

I think these little gems will make my life a whole lot easier! :)

3 comments:

  1. You are so organized, I can't believe it. I am trying to get myself organized, since I see how awesome it can be! Also, blogging at 3:20 in the morning? You are hardcore, girl! What time do you get up every morning? WOW! That's some dedication. You are definitely my inspiration for the year.

    Oh - I used your Pinterest door idea and it turned out fantastic! I was actually thinking of changing the descriptive words (scientists, explorers, important, respected) throughout the year. Just to keep the door fresh without having to do a full change.

    THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK! You are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Pinterest! I think the new student bag idea is great! I will be making my own as well...3am. Wow! Do you ever sleep?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this idea and thought it was brilliant! I am definitely going to make some of these this year! It will make my life so much easier.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...