Wednesday, December 7, 2011

#Hashtag Greetings!

Tonight I am hosting my very first Team 6C Science Parent Night for my kiddos and their families (as you should already know from my previous post). The idea behind the evening is to show my parents ideas on how to study for science, how to utilize the classroom website, and have a jolly fun way to end 2011 and start fresh in 2012!

I thought I'd share with you my adorable idea for "kid decorations" for the evening. I was inspired by our classroom Twitter.


I was trying to come up with a way to incorporate "tweets" from my kiddos into the decorations for the night, and came up with the idea to give my kids a sentence starter on a sheet of computer paper, and have them finish it and add a Twitter #hashtag and their name! Here is what the sheets looked like (please excuse my thumb).


My plan is to attach each hour's sheets to a large sheet of colorful butcher paper (I did five sheets per class) to display for the parents!

The kids LOVED this! They had so much fun coming up with creative hashtags and finishing the funny sentence starters. Here are some of my favorites from the day:

My favorite day so far was...

The earthquake shake table. #shakeshakeshake
Diet coke and mentos lab. #itsgonnablow!
When we watch Mythbusters. #Dotrythisathome
The Epic Evans Day. #notyet (That's my super secret day I'll tweet about next week-it happens next Friday!)

The best thing about science is...

Everything. #notyouraveragescienceclass
Evans. #ofcourse 
Labs. #don'ttouchEvans'labtable
Hearing funny stories. #Evanswantstobeaninjawhenshegrowsup

The hardest thing about science is...

 Trying not to laugh. #LOL
Remembering. #sciencebook
Science starters. #timemanagement
Journey to the center of the Earth. #meltinginthelithosphere

My favorite thing that we have learned about so far has been...

Everything. #keepitcoming
Earthquakes. #rumblerumble
The layers of the Earth rap. #youknowwhatitis
Tsunamis. #stillsadthough

Miss Evans really made me laugh when...

She freaked out about Space Camp on the Twitter. #ahhhhh!
She showed us her nerf gun. #it'snerfornothing
She almost "died" in our class because no one did their homework. #staystrong
She called me a robot. #beepbeep
She said she loves owls. #you'reahoot
Her mind is set on revenge. #muahhahaha
She talks about Star Wars. #maytheforcebewithyou
She was rapping about the layers of the Earth. #rockingtheshades

This idea was so fantastic, as it got the kids involved and was completely on their level. It was so refreshing to do a "middle school aged" activity, and I plan on using these Twitter hashtags in future events! Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...