Have you used Edmodo yet?
If not, you must!
Here is a Glogster I made introducing Edmodo. I made it for one of my Master's courses, but the video and the description really help explain the awesomeness that is Edmodo!
I started a classroom Edmodo last week on Monday. I created a group for each of my classes, and showed my kiddos how to create a login and log in to their class' group. My kids are LOVING it! On Edmodo, teachers can communicate with students, other teachers, and share resources in a safe form of social networking. PLUS, all communication goes through my school district (ask your school district if they have a code for your Teacher Edmodo account), and my kiddos are required to write in complete sentences and not using any "texting lingo." They are also only allowed to talk about school/science. Edmodo does not allow private messaging from student to student, and all messages/posts that my kids make have to be approved by ME before they show up! AND, my parents can sign up too, and see everything their kids post/create!
I have loved creating polls and quizzes online using Edmodo, and it's been a great way to open up communication in my classroom! If you haven't tried it out....give it a try!


Schoology does this as well. I found that in edmodo you couldn't set the time an assignment was due and my students used that to their advantage. Edmodo also changed the date of a due date of my assignment. What I saw from the teacher view was that it was due that day I said. The students saw a different date.
ReplyDelete