Friday, September 14, 2012

Badges of Honor

Time for another Pinterest inspired teaching idea!

Ever since reading the book The End of Molasses Classes last year, I've wanted to make buttons of some sort that my kids can wear when they receive an "A" on my tests. The more I thought about this idea, the more I realized that it would be incredibly difficult to make 100+ buttons for every test (not to mention expensive). Plus, since I teach middle school, the possibility that my students would destruct or manipulate the buttons in some fashion was very high. I decided to go a different route: stickers! Er, um, I meant LABELS! :)




Sure, they aren't the most "pizzaz-ed" labels out there, but I think my kids will really like wearing them to show off how well they did on my tests and quizzes! I'm handing back my first set today and am really excited to see the looks on their faces! The kiddos will get these stickers in addition to signing the coveted Woot Wall.

Do you do anything special to recognize your kids for performing well on a test?


2 comments:

  1. I made buttons this summer for my kids. I'm pretty excited to debut them on Monday after our test today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the "stickers" go over with your kids? I teach junior high (6th, 7th, and 8th Reading and Language Arts) and might use, eh, "steal", this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...