Friday, September 28, 2012

Kids Say The Cutest Things

My friend Missy has a journal where she records the funny and cute things her students say. I'm sad to say I don't have a journal of my own, but I wanted to share some of the absolutely hilarious things my kids have said lately.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: "The control is kind of like the opposite of the independent variable. So if the independent variable is giving the child chocolate...what's the opposite of that?"

Student: "Vanilla?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: (After answering ten what-if questions in a row) "Is this a comment or a question?"

Student: "Um...both."

Me: "Well we need to move on from hypothetical questions so I hope it's a good one."

Student: "I have a pumpkin for you in my backpack that I grew in my garden and I want to give it to you."

Me: (Heart melting and face smiling a mile wide). "Thank you so much (name of kiddo). And just so you know, that wasn't a question."

Einstein the pumpkin.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: "What a sweet surprise!" (Holding a stuffed puppy that a kiddo gave me, along with a package of sour patch kids)

Student: "You like it? (Name of other kiddo) and I are having a present-off. He gave you jelly bellies but this present is way better."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Student: (In the form of an email) You get your wrap, wrap ur finger go home, sleep, eat, sleep and stay home and rest I will help the sub if you stay home tomorrow. Stay home and rest. Bye rest up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: (Looking at a ruler with a kiddo). "Okay, we are looking at the little lines that make up the centimeter. There are ten in all. Do you know what we call these units of measurement? I'll give you a hint...they are smaller than centimeters.."

Student: "Little-meters?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I am completely enamored with the group I have this year! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I too have thought of starting a "Kids say the Darndest things" book. I get tickled everyday over what my 6th graders say :)

    http://jackofalltrades-leslie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...