Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Year Five

Today begins my fifth year as a teacher.


Five years.
Roughly 500 (ish) students.
Thousands of copies.
Hundreds of pencils.
And who knows how many hours spent planning, grading, tutoring, etc.

I still can't believe that I get to do this job every day. Even when I feel down, tired, or helpless, I can honestly say there isn't anything I'd rather be doing. Even though the past two days have been trying on me, and the fact that I know this year will be different from past years in many ways, I find myself incredibly excited at the possibilities that lie ahead for my students and I. It's a new year to learn. A new year to discover. I'm so lucky and thankful that I have the opportunity to have a profession that I am deeply passionate about. I can't imagine doing anything else.

Well, year five, here goes nothing! :)

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to see a teacher that still feels this way. I am starting my 19th year and I wish I still felt as you do. I hope your enthusiasm will rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...