Monday, May 21, 2012

What Time Is It? Me Time!

Tomorrow starts my first official day of summer vacation! Squeal!

Even though my summer will be very busy with my Masters classes, honeymoon, tutoring, and of course, preparing for next school year...like every other teacher in the world I am looking forward to some rest and relaxation!

Last week, after my Snaps ceremony ended, I realized that I had finally come to the magical point in the year where I actually have some "me" time. I am so busy during the school year with the musical, talent show, teaching, school events, you name it! I am rarely home before 5:00 most days, and arriving home at 3:00 last week already made me feel like I was on vacation! So how do I spend my "me" time you ask? Well...

My afternoon began with a much-needed run with my favorite pup. Oh, how I've missed running with her.



I made chicken salad sandwiches with some fresh grapes. (oh yes, I made it all on my own) I plan on making loads of yummy, healthy dinners this summer.


I caught up on some shows on my DVR...


I started reading The Help on my Kindle. Can you believe I haven't read it yet? Neither can I?



And I finished the night with some fabulous mint chip frozen custard from Fritz's!



Oh, and I may or may not have decorated a honeydew with some awesome sunglasses that my friend Rissa gave me at my Bachelorette Party. Doesn't he look adorable? It's like Bunsen Honeydew from the Muppets all dressed up! Kolby and I had a good laugh when he asked what I was doing and I replied, "Hold on, I'm putting a face on this honeydew."


I am so ready for summer!

How do you spend your "me" time?

3 comments:

  1. Haha love the honeydew :) Enjoy your "me" time!!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got home from the spa!! I'm soooo relaxed. School is wonderful and so much fun, but it's wonderful having a little time with myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spa sounds AMAZING! Jealous! :) My hubby and I haven't used our couples massage that we won from the wedding, so we plan on using that soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...