Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch Changes

Well...I've thought about this for quite some time now...(about a month to be exact).

After almost a full year of blogging (I can't even believe it), the time has come to switch my blog name. What started out as a summer blog about cupcake baking and DIY projects has turned into a hodge-podge of teaching ideas, baking, and other random loves. Hence my new blog name, Teach-Bake-Love. I think it's rather adorable.



These changes meant a new URL (http://www.teach-bake-love.blogspot.com), a new header, and a new button to grab! What does everyone think? You like the changes? Yay or nay? I love the new pictures in the header-especially my awesome sign that my kiddos made me in art class! It's 3D and made out of cardboard! Needless to say, it will be a focal point in my classroom next year.

Also, this weekend I won my first blog giveaway! Kim over at Joy in 6th Grade was giving away a Starbucks gift card-and I won! Not a bad way to start Teacher Appreciation Week if you ask me. I love the relationships I have developed through blogging. I was telling my husband, it's an amazing professional development opportunity. I would have never guessed the friends and ideas I have made through blogging-and am SO glad to have started this lil' ol' blog! Thanks Kim-I'll be putting that Starbucks to good use!

joyin6th Homepage

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Starbucks card (don't you just LOVE Kim??) and your New LooK!!! It's fabulous. I've added your new address to my blog roll; thanks for stopping by the Corner!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so TICKLED for you, sweet Melissa!
    I was quite excited to match the number to your name! YIPPEE!
    Watch your e-mail... your treat comes as an e-card!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    PS Love the new header and the new button. It is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heeheehee
    Or it WILL arrive in e-mail when you e-mail me your address... (or did I miss it?)

    Guess what? I am drinking Starbucks as I type this!

    joyin6th@gmail.com

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the new title and look! :) It's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog title!! Thanks for visiting me! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through your comment...we have so much in common: science teaching, Missouri, 20 something, baking!!! This is crazy...love your blog look forward to reading more!!!

    ✰Amber
    Sparkles , Smiles, and Student Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I can't wait to read more about you!

      Delete
  7. Very cute blog title!! Thanks for your comment. :)
    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...