First, let me just say...MAP TESTING IS OVER! WOOHOO! YES! HUZZAH! OTHER RANDOM "HOORAY" SOUNDS!
Also...our school musical debuts a week from today! As much as I love working on the musicals I am excited for it to be finished! :) Also, today we are celebrating "Earth Day" in my class and I plan on writing a special post sometime next week about how I use The Lorax on Earth Day!
All right, let's get back to business. I have a confession to make.
It is one only few people know about.
I am addicted to guacamole.
Seriously. I'm addicted to it. I can't get enough. In the summertime, when avocados are a plenty, I buy them up and eat guacamole like there is no tomorrow. It's. The. Best. When I was little, my grandparents in San Diego had an avocado tree. I often dream of the possibilities that an avocado tree would give me...
As for my guacamole recipe, I like to keep it simple. Here goes.
Ingredients:
2-3 avocados (more if you are feeding a lot of peeps)
1 spoonful mayonnaise
Salt
Pepper
Lime or lemon juice (I use fresh squeezed)
Garlic Powder (teaspoon-ish)
Did I mention we get all of our spices from the CUTEST spice shop here in STL? Gotta love supporting local businesses!
Mash up all of the ingredients together and enjoy. Seriously. That's all I need. No tomatoes, no onions, just pure guacamole bliss. Top these on rolled tacos with some sour cream and cheese for a truly holy experience, or scoop some on your favorite tortilla chip or fajita.
If I could only eat one food or recipe for the rest of my life, it would be guacamole. As weird as it sounds, in my opinion, it is the most perfect food in the world. Enjoy!


Oh. My. Goodness. I love that spice shop! It's one of my favorite place to go when we go to St. Charles! There is a super cute bookstore down the street, and the sweet lady that works there always gives me a discount because I always end up buying stacks of books for my classroom!
ReplyDeleteLaura
www.willgradeforcoffee.blogspot.com