Friday, April 6, 2012

It's Been A While...

...Since I posted a cupcake recipe!

I made cupcakes a while ago for a certain husband's birthday, and forgot to post the recipe!


 For these cupcakes, I used a recipe from Food Network for chocolate cupcakes-and they were AWESOME!

Here is what you need:


Cupcakes:

  • 1 cup flour 
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • Salt
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup coffee, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare your cupcake or muffin pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.

In a large bowl, beat the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. (I used my stand mixer-Herman).

Slowly beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Mix together the milk, coffee, and vanilla in a measuring cup. Add 1/2 the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beat to combine, then add the milk- coffee mixture and continue to beat, then add the remaining dry mixture. 
Fill your cupcakes and bake for about twenty minutes.
For the frosting, I made my own little concoction using melted chocolate chips, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and butter.

The cakes were awesome! The coffee really added a nice touch to the recipe-and the cakes were super moist! I will try and figure out the exact measurements I used on the frosting so I can post it in a later entry, but any chocolate frosting recipe would be great on these cupcakes!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...