Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cupcake Supplies 101

It's a pain in the booty to store appliances in your kitchen.


We never seem to find enough room to store all of our kitchen "supplies." Plus, now that we're married and have accumulated more kitchen goodies, we have really found ourselves running out of room! When we start looking at houses, we definitely plan on looking for one with PLENTY of cabinet space, that's for sure!
For now, we store a lot of our "less used" gadgets in our basement. We have a large shelf where we keep things like my cupcake carrier, our crock pot, our ice cream machine, etc. Even though it's a pain to trudge down into the damp basement when I need, let's say, our electric skillet, it just works better for us to keep some of those items down there. I keep all of my cupcake goodies down there as well...and this is how I store them!


I keep everything "cupcake" or "baking" oriented in this large plastic tub. Yes, there are two smaller containers inside, but it makes it easier to transport if everything is in one large container.


The first container contains everything cupcakes! I keep my food coloring (I set special food coloring aside in here and keep another set in our pantry), my decorating tips (inside the Tupperware), my pastry bags, and my electric decorator (that I haven't used...yet!)


In the second container are cookie cutters, spatulas, a pie bird, and other miscellaneous baking tools!


Oh, and my gorgeous cupcake carrier resides down on this basement shelf as well. He doesn't have a name yet. I'm leaning towards Henry though.

So there you have it! Whenever I get the itch to bake some cupcakes, I just head down and grab all of my supplies! It's quite a production, if I do say so myself. :)

How do you store all of your kitchen gadgets? Do you run into the same problems storing things in your classroom? I know I do!


 

2 comments:

  1. I live in an apartment and I don't have any room either! My crock pot, George Foreman grill, even my toaster all have to hide somewhere!

    p.s. I love Henry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate hiding everything away! I think Henry is the winner! My husband thinks I'm crazy for naming our appliances and gadgets. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...