4:50 AM: Wake up, take a shower, check e-mail, get ready, take Lucy for a short walk.
5:45 AM: Make smoothie/coffee for the day. This day was a "parfait" of sorts with strawberries, blueberries, yogurt, and rolled oats...PLUS coffee!
6:10 AM: Leave for school.
6:30 AM: Arrive at school. Check my materials, write on my whiteboard the day's agenda, check my mailbox (the usual teacher arrival items). Sorry for the outdated picture...I thought I'd post my "usual whiteboard agenda."
7:10 AM: The kids start arriving in the halls. Time for hall duty!
7:20 AM-9:30 AM: First through second hour classes. On the agenda for the day? The Apollo Moon Missions! Time to dress like an astronaut and serve up some tang! (I used fruit punch instead).
9:30 AM- My plan period. I have a short parent meeting, then use the rest of the time to work on refining my tests, send out some mass parent emails to check on the status of my kiddos' at-home projects, and enter in some late work grades. I also find time to eat a banana...I'm still a little hungry from breakfast!
10:30 AM- Plan period over. Time for fourth hour-my class full of boys! Glad I ate that banana-I'm gonna need the extra energy!
11:35 AM- Lunch time! I eat my usual- frosted shredded wheat cereal with 1% milk and fruit-in a cup so that I can still run around! Cheap, healthy, and filling! During lunch I pop in to say hi to my friend Julie (bridesmaid and librarian), and work on school-related items. I enter grades, fix my bulletin board, re-organize my room, etc. I also find time to work on some MAP test items. MAP is our state test that we are taking right after spring break. I will be posting my MAP-related items and tricks of the trade soon!
12:15 PM- Lunchtime over. :( Time for fifth and sixth hour!
2:20 PM- School is out for the day! I set up tomorrow's lesson materials on my lab table, and head to musical rehearsal!
3:30 PM- Musical rehearsal is over. I head up to wait with my kiddos in the lobby for their rides to pick them up.
4:00 PM: The kids are all picked up, and I head to tutoring. I tutor a second grader in phonics and reading once a week! :)
5:00 PM: Tutoring is over! On the drive home, I call my fabulous husband to arrange dinner plans. We usually eat out on Thursday since I tutor!
5:30 PM- I stop at Buffalo Wild Wings to pick up some wings for our feast.
5:45 PM- I'm home! I take Lucy out, set out the plates for dinner, and await my hubby's arrival. I also check my BLOG, my e-mail, and Facebook.
6:10 PM- Kolby is home! We finally get to eat and catch up on our day!
6:45 PM- Dinner is finished! We head to our office's to catch up on any more e-mail responses and/or work related items. I add some videos to my classroom website and check my class WallWisher.
7:15 PM- We head downstairs to our basement paradise to watch some of our DVR shows (hooray for Food Network and Modern Family) and then some Netflix. Hooray for snuggle time!
8:30 PM- I start to fall asleep during our Netflix watching. Kolby switches the TV over to get in some video game play time while I slumber.
9:30 PM- Kolby wakes me up as we head upstairs to go to bed. I prepare the coffee pot for tomorrow morning, he grabs two bottles of water and our iPODs, and we head to bed. I may or may not check my blog and/or emails too. :)
9:40 PM- I set my iPOD to play a Harry Potter Audio Book (it's the only way I fall asleep...don't judge) and head off to sleepy-town.
Then, the cycle repeats in some sort of fashion! Whew! If anyone tells me that teachers are lucky to have summers off...then they have no idea the amount of time we put in during the school year!



Hi Melissa:
ReplyDeleteI just read through several older posts...
DISTRICT TEACHER OF THE YEAR! YYYAAAAYYY!
How great is that?!
I loved reading your thoughts and ideas. You're such an "honest" blogger--that's what makes your blog so fun to read... it's like having a conversation with you.
WOW. I'm impressed. And SO happy for you!
PS I can't believe you got housework AND yardwork done. I'm STILL in pajamas!
Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade