Let me tell you something. I surprised myself a LOT on my wedding day. For one thing, I thought FOR SURE that after ten years of dating Kolby that I wouldn't be nervous. Wrong. I thought I FOR SURE wouldn't cry. Wrong. I thought I would trip walking up the aisle. Luckily...I was wrong on that one. I was, however, a nervous wreck, and as soon as I started walking down the aisle with my dad I started to cry...probably right after taking the picture below.
But once I got up there and could look into Kolby's excited eyes everything was right in the world. I wasn't nervous anymore. I was marrying the love of my life, and I could feel the excitement in the air.
Kolby always puts me at ease when I'm stressed, and our theater backgrounds definitely helped ease any nerves. We both know how to talk into a mic (lol) and we kept smiling and laughing at each other throughout the ceremony. Guy Phillips did a great job making the ceremony exactly what we wanted: short, direct and to the point, and lighthearted. It was so us.
My favorite part of the ceremony was the vows for the rings. We had a REALLY long sentence to repeat, and by some miracle I actually was able to recite it back on the first try. When I "said my line," Kolby's eyes bugged out and he looked panicked. What had happened? Did I not say the right words? Was it in the wrong order? Later I found out Kolby looked so panicked because he knew, even at that moment, that he wouldn't be able to get the words out on the first try. It was hilarious! He ended up asking Guy for the paper so he could read his line. Everyone was laughing, Kolby's natural easygoing and funny personality came through, and they were still talking about how great it was on the radio days after the wedding. People joked that Kolby should get a job in radio, and some even thought that Kolby and Guy had PLANNED on doing that because it sounded so natural and scripted. It made the ceremony even more us, and when I listen to it now it makes me smile. It's a moment we will never forget.
Kolby reading the script.
We're married!
LOVE this picture! You can just feel the excitement!
Mr. and Mrs. Tackett!
After the ceremony, our guests went downstairs for some of our appetizers and for cocktails, while we got some...you guessed it...more pictures! Some of these were actually taken before the ceremony, but you get the idea. All of the pictures below are courtesy of the amazing people at Trotter Photography.
♥
♥
Then, it was time to switch out my veil (made by my wonderful mom) for some roses! I wanted flowers in my hair for the reception. :)
Laura and Armando!
Laura signing our marriage license!
We did it!
You can listen to the ceremony here.
Next up: it's time to party!







I just awarded you two awards! You're awesome. Stop by and check it out!
ReplyDeletehttp://superlativesix.blogspot.com/2012/03/two-awards-oh-my-linky.html
P.S. I LOVE the colors for your wedding!