Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Smoothie A Day Keeps Spring Fever Away...Or Does It?

Boy oh boy! Spring Break can't come fast enough! I feel like I need ENERGY to keep up with my kiddos these days! This mild winter has made my kids suffer from SPRING FEVER! :)

My husband and I have been trying to eat healthier as of late, and I've been trying to pack healthier lunches for us. However, I was soon discovering that I was STARVING by my plan period-and a hungry teacher does not equal a happy, nor focused, teacher.

I started surfing the web for smoothie recipes, and came across this one from Jamie Oliver. I've been making these about every other morning for Kolby and I, and they definitely help tide me over until lunchtime!

Here is what you need:

1 banana
1 cup of frozen fruit (I have a bag of frozen strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
2 heaping tablespoons of plain yogurt
1 cup milk (or other juice)
1/4 cup quick oats
5 ice cubes

First, blend the fruit, yogurt, and banana (ripped into chunks) together.



Then, add your quick oats. (I LOVE our new pop and lock canisters)!


Last, add your milk (or juice) and ice cubes and blend until it's the consistency of your choice!


These smoothies make enough for two, and are absolutely and deliciously filling! :) Even if they don't keep Spring Fever away...they sure are tasty!


2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies! I use the Greek yogurt and also add wheat germ sometimes! =)

    I am your newest follower and would love for you to visit me when you get the chance!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...