Love, love, love scarves. I especially love that these are tied into bows. I feel like I physically need these.
I've been waiting for this grey sweater to go on sale at Target for a while now (I already own it in a rust color). Perhaps this will be a Black Friday purchase for myself?
Love this bag. Everything about it.
This nail polish is just my style...not too flashy, but sparkly. :)
I definitely want to try some new hot chocolate recipes asap!
And wouldn't my hot chocolate look just adorable in this owl mug?
I also want to keep making more homemade Christmas gifts...so far I've made some "secret" gifts that haven't been blogged about yet-but I'm still want to make more! These hart hand warmers are on the list for sure!
I already have a pair of boots in a neutral tan color, but I've been eyeing these black boots at Target for weeks.
And last, but not least, I want my students to stop stealing my pencils. Any teachers have suggestions? I desperately need some!
What do you want this Wednesday?









My pencil 'technique' is to put these huge, obnoxious duct tape flags on the top of my pencils. It doesn't eliminate pencil thievery, but it does cut down on it. I used to use neon orange, but have run out. Now the flags are just plain silver.
ReplyDeleteOne plus is that some kids hate the flags so much that they remember their own pencils!
One minus is that some kiddos twist up the flags or wind them up. They don't play with them nearly as much as they did when I started the flags.
Good luck! Pencil thievery is a huge problem for me, too! :) :)
Cassie
P.S. I love your vocab idea!
Thanks for the tip! I am going to try that out after winter break-I have gone through about 100 pencils this year! My kiddos also broke our electric pencil sharpener-so right now they are on "pencil probation" hehe. They aren't allowed to borrow any of my pencils and they can only use the manual sharpener. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like the vocab idea!
Oh, my! 100 pencils? Serious thievery going on! :) The pencils I got for this year ended up being really terrible (sharpen, break, sharpen, break...), so I bought a bunch of super cheap plastic hand sharpeners. I keep them in a box by my pencils and if the kids want to sharpen, they have to use those.
ReplyDeleteThe flags really have cut down on pencil disappearances. I take a fairly long piece of duct tape and tear it down the middle to have 2 long strips. I then put one strip just under the metal end of the pencil. This width allows you to keep sharpening and leaves room for a wedge cap eraser! Sometimes my flags are 4-5 inches long. :)
Since I'm the only one in the school with flagged pencils, sometimes I'll have kids come back to the room to return pencils or return several when they clean out their desks and lockers! :)
Have a great Thanksgiving week!
I ALSO use duct tape to "flag" my pencils! Mine is purple, and I write "BAND" on it with a permanent marker after I attach the flag. I also have a pencil sign out/in sheet next to the cup. They lose participation points (2 of their 10 for the day) for checking out a pencil, but if I find them without one during an activity they lose 5 points, so it's better to take the 2 point loss. I just take the sign out sheet and add up all the point losses at the end of the week/quarter/month...however works. - Shannon
ReplyDeleteI meant to implement that idea when school started a week ago-but this contest has me a little distracted! Thank you for your comment!!
ReplyDelete