I think Sundays might be my favorite day of the week. Don't get me wrong, I love Fridays and Saturdays too, but there is something about the Sunday routine in our house that I just adore. We usually cook a nice breakfast (today we did fresh fruit with cheese bagels-yum), relax and watch T.V., sometimes run an errand or too, and I usually work on school-related things at a leisurely pace. Often, we clean and cook a nice dinner that we wouldn't have had time to cook during the week (tonight it's roasted butternut squash with a rotisserie chicken) and I usually prepare some sort of sweet (chocolate chunk cookies for tonight). To top it all off, today there is a Harry Potter marathon on that is playing in the background as I type this entry. Winning.
Today I worked on a little project: making my mantle more "winter-y." Here is what it looked like before. We have a lot of bright, vividly colored glass and vases up most of the year.
And here is what inspired me from
Pinterest:
And here is the after (ignore that the first picture is kind of blurry)!
The cork wreath will come in due time, so for now they are resting inside that awesome middle vase that I scored this summer at HomeGoods. The wine bottles will eventually be spray painted white like the image from Pinterest, and I plan on using adhesive and epsom salts to give them a snowy effect.
I created the cranberry vases with some cranberries from Dollar Tree and some vases and candles that I already owned! Score!
I love how my mantle looks a bit more festive without looking like my house is completely decorated for Christmas. I love the holidays, but I am DEFINITELY one of those people who get bothered by Christmas lights and Christmas trees being displayed this early in November!
Now, off to more Harry Potter! Happy Sunday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment