I have a dream.
I've had it since the first time I watched this movie as a young kid...
Oh yeah, just picture me singing and dancing along as a totally awesome eight year old girl. Man, I wanted to be the Olsen Twins. They were the epitome of cool in the 90's for me.
When I was hired as a science teacher, my passion for space camp and space education grew even more. It is my FAVORITE unit to teach, and I'd teach it all year if I was allowed to. I started to read up on scholarships, and found so many awesome testimonials from teachers who said that space camp was a one-of-a-kind experience that changed their life (especially this teacher from the website below). I had to find a way to go.
My work BFF Missy and I began our search. Missy emailed teachers who had previously attended, while I searched the internet. Then today, we finally found it: our opportunity to attend Space Camp as teachers FREE OF CHARGE as part of an awesome scholarship with a company. They pay for round trip airfare, food and accommodations, and the cost of an entire week of space camp wonder. Huzzah!
To apply, I had to write several essays. I have all of my fingers and toes crossed that I am selected to attend. I can't even begin to express how much attending Space Camp would mean to me, and how many wonderful opportunities it would provide for my students. Experiencing hands-on activities, being completely immersed in space education, and gaining valuable insight into the world of an astronaut would provide tangible experiences that I would most likely never get to experience otherwise.
That little eight year old-Olsen twin-loving version of myself is certainly excited about the promise of this opportunity! The twenty-five year old me is pretty excited too! If I am chosen, I will most definitely be singing that ridiculously awesome and catchy Olsen twin tune as well, so get ready people.
*Update-this morning our class received the following Tweet from Space Camp! How exciting!
SpaceCampUSA @ScienceFish114 Thanks for the follow! We look forward to hearing all about your class and good luck to Miss Evans!

:)
ReplyDelete