The past few weeks have been pretty trying on me to say the least, and my blogging has been suffering as a result. I've been so busy with my Masters classes, teaching, rehearsing for the musical, and life in general that I haven't had time to do much of anything! I'm ready for that day off tomorrow for sure! :)
Here are a few "tidbits" I wanted to share with you. Some are events coming up in my life, others are random awesome things worth sharing!
1. Professional Development
This Friday I get to participate with another middle school in my district in a professional development day at the Challenger Learning Center in St. Louis! This center provides simulated missions for kids and has a ton of awesome resources for teachers! I am so excited to spend the day learning how these missions work, and eager to bring back goodies for my kids!
2. Awards
This Sunday I am one of 93 Missouri teachers to accept the Emerson Excellence in Teaching Award at the Ritz-Carlton in St. Louis! AHHHH!! It is super exciting, and I think it is just now hitting me how "big of a a deal" it really is! I get an engraved crystal apple from Tiffany's in New York (is it bad that I'm more excited about the robin's egg blue box than the apple?) and my husband and I get an awesome night out! I'm very honored to be receiving this award so early in my career.
3. Election
Check out this awesome video of the Ron Clark Academy kids singing about the election. I can't stop watching this.
4. Student Teacher
This spring I am getting a student teacher!! I am really excited to share my classroom with her and can't wait for her to get started! Carrie, you are going to be awesome!
5. Ch-changes
I've been feeling the itch to make some changes. More on that in future posts! :)
Whew! Those are my tidbits for today! Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Congratulations on your award! You are so lucky that you get a TUESDAY off!!! Strange, since kids can't vote. ;) Found you from my co-worker Farley's blog!
ReplyDelete:) Happydally.com
Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the award that is so awesome. I would be drooling over the box too. Enjoy every minute of it.
ReplyDeleteTerri
thefirstgradeprincess.blogspot.com