"I've heard it said.
That people come into our lives.
For a reason..."
In case you aren't familiar with the song, "For Good" from the musical Wicked, it best describes how I feel about the friendships and relationships in my life right now. I am so lucky to have surrounded myself with positive people who bring so much joy in my life. We can just...be. No worries, no stress, we just love spending time together...and on this Thanksgiving I am truly thankful for the "for good" friendships in my life. (Not to mention my ridiculously wonderful husband, parents, and parents-in laws!) I've been feeling incredibly down lately due to quite a bit of stress, and instead of focusing on the negative and writing a post about all of the "woes" in my life, I thought I'd focus on the positive.
My bestie Laura. She and I can go days, even weeks sometimes (but rarely) and still pick up right where we left off. I am so very happy we were placed in the same dorm in college and found each other. We have been through many shenanigans over the past eight years, and she is truly the yin to my yang. She is the best friend I could ask for!

Amanda and Bridget (and my husband, Amanda's fiance and I) have formed such an incredible friendship over the past year and a half. These girls always know how to motivate and inspire me, and it's so nice that we can all hang out in sweatpants grading papers and have the best time without even doing much of anything! I feel as if we've been friends all our lives...it's just that easy.
Amanda's fiance Brian worked with me at my school for a while. Now, he and my husband are true best friends. I love knowing that my husband has a truly great amigo who will watch football, play video games, or just hang out with him. Brian has definitely become another "brother" of sorts for us.
Julie and Missy and I met while working at my school. We were all hired around the same time and were asked to work on a school-wide project together. When we all signed up for the same "sub-committee" it was fate. Although Missy works for a different school now (and I'm still not over it) Julie and I still work together and the three of us make time for one another. Whether it's a phone call to remind me that "Don't Stop Believin'" is on the radio, or I need a good cry in the library office, these ladies mean the world to me. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have their positive spirits to lift me up when I'm down.
My little brother Mitchel inspires me every day. He is so confident and sure of himself (which is something I still struggle with). I love how we are closer now than we have ever been, and as he gets older I find myself feeling our friendship and relationship as brother and sister grow stronger. I am so proud of him.
My brother's girlfriend Shelby has become like a sister to me. She and I have also started to grow closer, going shopping, chatting on the phone, her stopping by (even without Mitchel!) and me trying my best to give her teaching advice (she wants to teach middle school too)! Shelby is the perfect girlfriend for my brother, and she makes him so very happy. I love that she gets to be part of our lives thanks to my brother making one amazingly right choice in a lady!
Speaking of brothers and sisters...my brother-in-law Kris and my sister-in-law Marla are the true definition of great older siblings. I'm the oldest in my family, so gaining two older siblings was such an exciting thing for me! Kris and Marla and my husband and I have such a great time together, and since their family expanded with the birth of my fantastically adorable and perfect nephew, I can only imagine the joy we will all experience together as our families grow!
Shelby and Kris!
"And I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you."
Happy Thanksgiving Week everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving Week everyone!














Melissa! Your blog is so much fun. I nominated your blog for an award. Come check it out.
ReplyDeleteTina
www.croftsclassroom.blogspot.com
Ah, I also nominated you for a Liebster Award.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break!
-The Babbling Box
http://thebabblingbox.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html.