Monday, November 12, 2012

An Excellent Evening

Yesterday, my husband and I headed down to St. Louis at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel for the Emerson Excellence in Teaching Awards! I am so honored to be one of 93 teachers in the St. Louis area to receive this distinguished award! You must be nominated by your school district in order to receive this award, and I was very humbled to receive such an honor at my age!


The lighting was weird, but here I am posing next to the sign in the lobby like a nerd!


The ice scultpure!


When we checked in, I was so happy to see my friend Cheryl's name on the list! Cheryl and I went to Lindenwood together for our undergraduate degrees and she works for Special School District! It was so nice to share this night with her!

The hubby and I...he drove us there in the tumultuous rain and took me out to dinner afterwards. :)


I received a crystal engraved apple from Tiffany's in NYC, along with a certificate. I was more excited about the infamous blue box than the apple to be honest!


With the flash, it looks like I'm holding FIRE! Ahhh!


Here I am with the infamous blue box and certificate! I was super excited!


Some close up shots of the apple...


I am so beyond happy to have received this award! I still can't believe it. :)


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is a beautiful recognition of the amazing teacher that you are!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...