I've been wanting to modpodge some plastic drawers in my classroom ever since I first discovered Pinterest. The time finally came a few weeks ago when I decided to makeover my three drawer unit (where I like to store my plastic silverware, fruit cups, and other snacks) by my lateral filing cabinet!
First I used a scrap piece of paper to cut out the shape of my drawer. I literally used trash paper from my recycling bin...hey, I do speak for the trees, after all.
Then I used the scrap paper as a stencil and cut out the same shape on some cute scrapbook paper.
I made sure to leave room for the indentation of the drawer.
Then, I just mod-podged the paper onto the plastic! It was a pretty easy process, and I let them dry on my AC unit while I worked on other projects in my classroom.
They turned out pretty cute, huh?
Plus, now they hide my snacks so my kids can't see! :)
Happy Friday everyone!






They came out great! I've been meaning to do this for awhile now too.
ReplyDeleteSara :)
Smiling In Second Grade