Monday, October 29, 2012

Classroom Jobs-Not Just For Elementary School

Classroom jobs are the bomb. Dot com. Yep, I said it. 

In my class, we have five classroom jobs (not counting the kiddo who fills out my science journal every day).

They are as follows:

Einstein Patrol: This kiddo feeds our class fish Einstein every day. He/she also cleans his tank on Friday.
Wipe Down Counter: This kiddo sprays cleaning spray on our back counter daily.
Pencil Sharpener- Self-explanatory.
Wipe Down Desks- This kiddo sprays our desks down at the end of the school day. (This job is only for a last hour of the day kid).
Assignment Book Stamper- This kiddo stamps the assignment books (after checking to make sure every kid has filled in their homework for every class). (This job is also for a last hour of the day kid).


I change our classroom jobs every week on Monday. Right now I'm using index cards that the kids wrote their names on during the first day of school and magnets. I'm thinking of changing it up though...any ideas? I like the index cards because it makes it easy to randomly assign jobs.


The kids are GREAT at completing their jobs...and they love having responsibility in the classroom. Even middle school kids like to be involved! If you feel that middle school...or even high school is too old for classroom jobs-think again! They make my life a lot easier, and build classroom community. Give it a try! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...