2 pounds ground round
2 large onions, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (16 oz) can pinto beans
1/2 cup ketchup
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (we like fire roasted)
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
Of course, we add other spices to our chili like nutmeg, cayenne pepper, and usually we add more chili powder. Have fun with it!
First, combine your beef, onions, garlic, and bell peppers in a dutch oven over medium heat. (I used this large stock pot since I was doubling the recipe).
Let those ingredients party together until the meat browns and crumbles.
Drain and pat dry with a paper towel! This is a very important step!
Now, assemble the rest of your ingredients and dump them into the dutch oven or stock pot. (Remember, I doubled this recipe so that is why there are so many cans)
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat simmer for about 30 minutes!
This chili is divine. It's hearty, sweet, spicy, and brings plenty of punch and is perfect for October weather! Enjoy!





No comments:
Post a Comment