Monday, September 19, 2011

FALLing into Place

Is it just me, or does this cooler weather just make everything that much better? I am absolutely loving these fall  temperatures, and it is definitely helping my spirit in these "nitty gritty" last few days of teaching 'The Scientific Method.' I am planning on doing some major blog-research tomorrow during my plan period that includes some of my ideas on rewarding students, promoting positive behavior, my absent work policy, etc. but for now I just want to focus on what I'm currently loving during these first few days of "unofficial" fall (after all, we don't have the autumnal equinox until Friday-more on celebrating that in class in another post.)

1. Pumpkin...anything.

I can't seem to get enough pumpkin spice, pumpkin lattes, or pumpkin flavored anything this time of year. I recently found a recipe for a pumpkin latte on my beloved Pinterest that I can't wait to try at home!

2. Soup
Picture of Apple-Cheddar-Squash Soup Recipe
This time of year always makes me crave soup and bread...I definitely love my carbs! We cook a lot of soups and chowders in the fall/winter and this Apple-Cheddar-Squash soup from Food Network is a MUST! I bought the ingredients to make it this week!

3. Running Outside













There is seriously nothing quite like running outside in these cool temperatures. I feel like I can run longer, faster, and I feel better running outside this time of year. I just got back from a long run with Lucy and can't wait for another one tomorrow. Those STL summers certainly don't have the same effect on me as these beautiful fall temperatures!

4. Fuzzy Socks

I have quite an obsession with fuzzy/holiday themed socks. I think it's the "Elementary" teacher in me. I can't resist slipping into them after work or even wearing them under jeans on Fridays. The weather is finally making my fuzzy sock wearing "weather appropriate!" (Sidenote: I am already aware that cute baby socks are going to be a major problem for me and my bank account when Kolby and I start having kids).

5. Boots
Xhila Kangana Suede Boot BrownWomen's Chasity Bootie Slippers - Grey
Is it sad that one of my goals this fall/winter is to wear more boots? I have a new love for them, as I was never much of a boot-wearing gal in the past. These two designs from Target are a definite must this season.
(Sidenote: boots will also be a problem for the future children).


6. Holidays

I adore the holidays in the fall and winter. Halloween has always been a favorite of mine, not to forget my favorites Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can't wait for all of the smells, sights, and sounds of the holidays this year, and I can't wait to spend them with my family and friends (not to mention do some killer DIY projects to decorate!)

7. Football Food

Kolby is a HUGE football fan and so is my family. Every Sunday my parents would make a huge spread of football snacks including veggies, rye bread with dill dip, quesadillas, wings, chili, hot dogs, you name it. Now that I'm a "grown up," Kolby and I continue that tradition in our house by making our own snacks/meals every Sunday. It's something to look forward to cooking together, and it's nice to nibble on awesome snacks as he watches football and I watch/grade papers and prepare for the week.

8. T.V. Shows Returning
 
I can't wait for my regular T.V. shows to return this fall! I am so lucky that there have been new episodes of my favorite shows on Food Network and Project Runway, but I can't wait for Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, Glee, and so many more of my favorite shows to return! I am even planning on celebrating the return of Mythbusters in my class next week!

9. Crock Pot Dinners

I can't wait to start cooking more in my crock pot this fall/winter! Who doesn't love coming home to a prepared meal? The above picture has a link to some prepared crock pot dinners that you can freeze and reheat later!

10. Did Someone Say Dessert?
 
I can't wait to make some new cupcakes, desserts, and treats this year! With the holidays approaching, there will be plenty of new recipes to try and share-and I can't wait!

What are you excited for this Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...