Saturday, September 17, 2011

ABC's of Food


Is anyone else as excited as I am that today is Saturday? This week I felt like it would never come! I can't wait to kick back, relax, and do absolutely nothing this weekend. This rainy weather is making me feel all the more "snuggly" as well and is therefore making me crave "fall-ish" foods like chili, pumpkin lattes, and the like!
A few months back, my friend Kristen posted a blog entry titled "My ABC's of Food" and today seems like the perfect time to post my edition of that same survey (since I don't plan on doing anything too "blog-worthy" this weekend)!
A s for Apple: What’s your favorite variety?
I think Fuji apples are the best-they are really the only kind we buy. Sometimes I'll buy a granny smith apple and slice it up for my lunch, but Fuji are definitely the most purchased apple in our house.
B is for Bread: Regardless of nutrition, what is your favorite type?
I like any wheat bread-regardless of brand most of the time.
C is for Cereal: What is your favorite kind currently? (just one!)Smart Start...I've been eating it for lunch every day at school!
D is for Donuts: You might not currently eat them, but what kind do you fancy?

My favorite is a simply glazed twist donut...mmmm...
E is for Eggs: How would you like yours prepared?I used to only eat scrambled eggs until Kolby started making me try other types. My favorite now is probably over-easy. I'm also a huge fan of omelets!
F is for Fat Free: What is your favorite fat free product?
I don't eat a lot of fat-free...but I do nibble on some fat free licorice from time to time!
G is for Groceries: Where do you purchase yours?
We shop all of the stores for different items. We usually buy produce from Schnucks, other groceries from Shop and Save, cereal and household items from Wal-Mart, candy from Target...the list goes on.
H: is for Hot Beverages: What is your favorite hot drink?Coffee and Chai Tea!
I is for Ice Cream: Pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Mint chip has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. I love caramel and hot fudge toppings as well!
J is for Jams or Jellies: Do you eat them? If so, what kind and flavor?I enjoy strawberry jelly/jam...but I'll take apple butter over it any day of the week!
K is for Kashi: Name your favorite Kashi product?I've had their snack bars before and enjoyed them, but not a huge fan of the cereals yet. I don't think I've found one I like.
L is for Lunch: What was yours today?Haven't had lunch yet!
M is for microwave: What is your favorite microwave meal/snack?Probably steam fresh veggies-I don't really eat microwave meals!
N is for nutrients: Do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?
Carbs are definitely my favorite. Kolby jokes that I like bread with a side of bread topped with pasta all the time.
O is for oil: What kind do you like to use?We use all kinds, but I like Olive Oil the best.
P is for protein: How do you get yours?I love all meats-except I'm not a huge fan of venison. My favorite is fish.
Q is for Quaker: How do you like your oats?I like them with brown sugar and fruit. One of my goals is to try more variations with my oatmeal this fall/winter.
R is for roasting: What is your favorite thing to roast? 
A roasted chicken or pork tenderloin with carrots, squash, potatoes, and other veggies is my absolute favorite.
S is for sandwich: What’s your favorite kind?I have been dying for a Cuban sandwich lately. I also love Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches, and grilled cheese (with tomato soup of course).
T is for travel: How do you handle eating while traveling?I try to focus on enjoying my trip. My diet definitely depends on where I am. I don't mind eating "Camping food" for a weekend of camping-I never feel grief over what I eat because I know I stay active enough to help balance it out. :)
U is for unique: What is one of your weirdest food combos? 
I can eat a side of cottage cheese with anything. I also put "ketchup on my ketchup" as Kolby says.
V is for vitamins: What kind do you take?
I take a multivitamin daily.
W is for wasabi: Yay or nay?I like wasabi with my sushi, but not a lot at all!
X is XRAY: If we xrayed your belly right now, what food would we see?You would see some veggies and crackers from the party we were at last night, along with some chicken and french fries from Steak and Shake.
Y is for youth: What food reminds you of your childhood?Tortillas and tamales without a doubt. Also homemade waffles. My Papa used to make the most amazing breakfasts.
Z is for zucchini: How do you prepare it?I like it roasted or...deep fried like at Maggianos!
                                         Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...