Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Random Wedding Tidbits and Checklist- Update #1

Is today really Monday? Did I really just win a wedding, reception, and honeymoon last weekend? Am I really here, living this dream? These are the questions I keep asking myself. It still doesn't feel real. It's absolutely, ridiculously, crazy that Kolby and I were just engaged on Christmas Eve and are getting married in LESS THAN A MONTH! I am so elated, excited, stressed, and happy. I never even knew I could experience so many emotions all at once!


Here are some updates on what we have accomplished so far in this very short amount of time.

1. I Bought My Dress!!

No, I won't reveal it just yet (too many spies...ahem...Kolby...cough....cough) but I will say it took my breath away. I knew it was "the dress" the moment I tried it on, and I can't wait to wear it! I was amazed that it was the second dress I tried on, but definitely got that feeling every bride talks about...you just know when you've found "your dress." It was amazing. My mom and I had a lot of fun-and we knocked the entire experience out in less than 2 hours! :) My mom is making my veil (which will make it all the more special) and I plan on wearing a flower in my hair at the reception to change the vibe a little bit!

2. The Guys Have Their Tuxes




I love what Kolby, his groomsmen, and my Dad are going to wear. The picture above is what the groomsmen will wear (yellow ties). Kolby will wear a white tie, and my dad will wear a grey tie. S-T-Y-L-E. I think Tim Gunn would approve. :)

3. Decorations and Table Settings Are A GO!

We are going to have dark charcoal grey tablecloths with pale yellow napkins, silver chargers, and bright white china. It is stunning, sleek, and modern. Just like us. :) I wish I had a picture, but I forgot to take one.

4. We Are Registered!





We had so much fun going to Bed Bath and Beyond! I feel like picked out a good, varied list of coveted items as well. :) I linked our registry to the logo above.

Other Random Tidbits:

  • We spoke with the the DJ, and started picking some of the songs we wan't played (and NOT played hehe)
  • I've emailed the florist and our string quartet (squeal!) I can't WAIT to have a string quartet at our wedding! It is going to be beautiful!
  • Invitations are finished and were made by my future sister in law (another personal touch). (mailed today).
  • Kolby and I had an engagement session with our photographer that was a lot of fun! I can't wait for the photo booth that we will have at our reception!
  • Kolby and I started picking the menu, and he will email them today with our final choices.
  • I spoke to Little Hills Winery (who caters our rehearsal dinner), and they were very excited and even asked what kind of wine drinkers we were! :)
And...


Jilly's Cupcake Bar emailed me! We get to go and try some cupcakes here in a week or so! I am beyond elated about experiencing a Cupcake Wars winning establishment-and the guy there seemed so very genuine and excited to make our wedding cupcakes perfect. I even might have thrown in that I'm a "cupcake blogger." :) I will be sure to tell you all about it!

That's all for now! I promise I will update more as new adventures arise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...