Friday, January 6, 2012

Nervous Melissa = Tossing and Turning Stomach

I don't think my stomach has tossed and turned this much in my entire life. I have to keep telling myself, "It's just a contest. We have nothing to lose here." However, the "unknown" is killing me (being the type A gold personality I am).

Let me explain.


Kolby and I entered a contest at a local radio station to win a FREE wedding/reception/honeymoon/the works at The Magic House here in St. Louis...the place where we celebrated our one year anniversary. We would be getting married on Valentine's Day of this year...marking TEN years of being together. How cool would that be to get married at the place where we celebrated our very first year together? Can anyone say, "Coming full circle?"

We submitted the following video in order to try and qualify as one of the top four couples. (It's freaking ridiculous).


Kolby laughed at my out-of-the-box editing and "Flat Stanley" approach to the video. I told him, "All we have to do is get called back. Who cares what we have to do (or how ridiculous we look) to get there?"

On Tuesday, my phone rang. My email box notified me that I had a new email. Simultaneously. My heart started racing. It was from the Marketing Director at Y98. I shook like a leaf as I dialed him back. He explained that we weren't "officially" in the top four, but that he loved our video and needed Kolby and I to come to the studio to sign some paperwork and to film a video promo that would be used if we were selected to be in the top four! Oh. Em. Gee.


Well, last night we went. It went great! We were all laughing, filmed a cute little video, signed a TON of paperwork, and now we just cross our fingers and hope for the best. The official announcement will come at 8:00 this morning. There are going to be couples who don't make it who went through the whole paperwork/video thing, but all we can do now is hope for the best!

IF we are selected, the winning couple is decided by votes...so if this happens...we are going to need all of the help we can get! Last year's winner had over a million votes! I promise if we are selected that I will post information on how to vote for us.

I am so nervous. I'm still shaking. My stomach is surely going to reject the coffee that I am giving it as I type this. But it's just a contest. Regardless of whether we are finalists, we have a really cool story to tell, we still will get to have an awesome wedding, and we still are madly in love with each other. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...