Crunch!
I have been obsessed with fall lately. I can't get over the pretty colors of the leaves, and I am especially enjoying running in them with Lucy and hearing that awesome "crunch" sound. Who doesn't love that sound?
I have been a dedicated Smart Start cereal lover, but ever since I started eating cereal for lunch at school, I am full on addicted. I can't get enough of this crunchy stuff!
Tweet!
I (finally) started my own personal Twitter account this week. I have been using one in my classroom all year and have LOVED it, and the time came for me to finally start my own. I have been loving the real-time communication with my favorite chefs, teachers, Mythbusters, Cardinals players, etc.
If you live in St. Louis (unless you are living under a rock) you know that the Cardinals are in the playoffs this week. I have been anxiously rooting for my birds and will continue to rock my Cardinals colors this week to show my support! Let's hope for a win tonight!
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk!
I have been implementing a lot of new classroom management ideas lately, and came across this awesome idea today from the blog First Grade Glitters and Giggles (cute name huh)? When you introduce an activity, simply walk over to your whiteboard and put a check next to what is allowed and an 'x' over what isn't allowed for the activity. I LOVE this! I think it would drastically reduce all of those questions that are frequently repeated throughout my day.
*Edit: I actually made these in class today! Be sure to expect a post later on how well it works!*
I have also been reading Ron Clark's new book The End of Molasses Classes. I highly recommend this book to any educator looking for some inspiring and motivating ideas to help your school and kids.
Slurp!
I have been enjoying trying new delicious drinks over the past few weeks too, and thought I'd share my favorite chai tea ever-Tastefully Simple chai. It is delicious! I was first introduced to this wonderful concoction last year by Kolby's mom Becky and had to buy some of my own this year! It is the perfect mix!
Hoot!
My owl obsession has been taking flight-haha-even more in my classroom this year. I have received more owl presents and even found these adorable blank cards in the dollar bin at Target. Perfect for thank you's and other random occasions!
Yelp!
Parent teacher conferences start next week, and I am always a bag of emotions during those days. I love meeting with parents, but the "unknown" is always scary for a teacher. I find it funny that as teachers we are often more comfortable dealing with kids than we are dealing with fellow adults. I plan on having lots of coffee on hand to help me survive.
Squee!
Life has been pretty exciting for me lately. I am starting my Masters degree in the Spring, and I'm sure there are going to be a lot more eventful things to happen in the next year or so! I am so excited to see what the end of 2011 and 2012 bring for me!









Just got an email from an awesome charitable company about a special on... OWL stuff! Check it out here: https://www.therainforestsite.com/store/csearch.do?siteId=221&keywords=owl&origin=EEG4_101711_S_owl_m
ReplyDeleteI remember reading that you have a small owl obsession. :) Mine's pineapple for my favorite TV show. :)
AWESOME! Thank you so much!!
ReplyDelete