Saturday, June 25, 2011

This Dessert is "The Bomb!"

     When I was doing my student teaching, my fantastic cooperating teacher gave me a few recipes that she acquired from other teachers in her building. One of the teachers was getting married and they were putting together a "recipe collection" for her-which was a very cute idea! When I saw the recipe for this insanely delicious and simple recipe I instantly knew that it would become a hit in our house. I have made it for just about everyone in our families and for many of our friends and it is always a huge hit. My adorable nephew lovingly named it, "The Bomb" when I made it in San Diego (so the name has stuck for us), but you may name/call it whatever your heart desires. Here is the recipe (You may double it if you are making it for a large group of people):

You need:
One box of chocolate cake mix
One tub of cool whip
One LARGE box of instant chocolate pudding
One bag of fun size Heath Bars


And that's it! This recipe is as cheap as it is short! The most expensive item is the Heath Bar candies.

First, make the pudding according to the directions on the box. Allow it to set in the refrigerator.
Then, follow the directions for the chocolate cake according to the box. Once the cake has cooled, crumble it on the bottom of whatever dish you will serve your dessert in. I used a large rectangle Tupperware container because it had a lid.



Then, pour some of the chocolate pudding on top of the cake layer and use a spoon to spread it around.

Afterwards, spoon some of the cool whip on top of the pudding and use a spoon to spread it around.
Next comes the fun part! Unwrap your Heath Bars and place them in a large freezer bag. Then, use a wooden rolling pin or a large glass bowl to "crush" your candies.
Then, sprinkle the crushed Heath Bars on top of the cool whip.
Then, repeat your layers! This dessert is sort of like a lasagna-the layers don't have to be perfect looking-they just taste good! I always make sure that I finish with having the crushed Heath Bar candies on top, because I think it looks the most appetizing. When you finish layering, it will look like this:

 Refrigerate until you are ready to eat or enjoy it right away! I hope you enjoy this simple, delicious dessert! We sure think it's "the bomb!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...