To those that don't know me (for if you know me than you are already aware), I have a major weakness for Starbucks' frozen blended beverages. I am often so tempted by that perfect, icy blend of coffee and milk that I will easily pull in to any Starbucks drive-thru that I pass by. Alas, this is not suitable for my budget, and in the summertime it is even more dangerous, as I have more free time on my hands to dream about the perfect mocha frappucino.
To help curb these cravings, I decided to make my own frappucino at home this morning before heading out to run my daily errands. I searched online until I found a recipe that I found suitable.
3 cups double strength coffee (chilled)
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups ice
First, I brewed the coffee. I doubled the strength by adding two tablespoons of coffee grinds per cup instead of the usual one. Then, I chilled it for about an hour in the fridge.
Next, I mixed the coffee along with the rest of the ingredients in my blender.
The result? I blended it a little too long so it wasn't the viscosity I was going for, and it made a LOT more than I anticipated (I stored some in the freezer). I will definitely half the recipe next time. I also found the vanilla too powerful, so I may skip that next time. Overall though, the taste was great and it sure looked yummy in my new tumbler from HomeGoods (it says "Happiness is worth the effort")! And it was definitely a cheaper option than stopping by Starbucks this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment