Monday, February 27, 2012

Wedding Week- Post #3

*Check out the new header!*

After the rehearsal, the girls and I headed to Ginger Bay Salon and Spa to get "prettied up." This was, of course, after grabbing some Bread Company to tide us over until dinner!

Let me say, this salon was FABULOUS! Again, I keep repeating myself by expressing how wonderful everyone was, but seriously, we were treated like royalty.







Notice what's next to me? WINE! Yes! They served WINE while you got your manicure and pedicure! Are you kidding me? I can never go back to normal manicures and pedicures now...



Meanwhile, while we were inside the comforts of the spa and salon, the weather outside was beginning to turn mighty frightful...

We had no idea how bad the roads actually were...as you don't really pay attention to those things whilst drinking wine and getting a pedicure...



However, Kolby and Armando had some fun "decorating" his car while getting ready to leave for the rehearsal dinner!



Our awesome friends Brian and Amanda picked the boys up on their way to the rehearsal dinner, while the girls and I headed out into the blizzard (I'm exaggerating) on our own. Did I mention we were wearing flip flops (due to the pedicures) as we trudged through the snowy parking lot? We had our own little adventure, as we got on Highway 40...HEADED IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! As we were driving Laura (the out-of-towner, mind you) said, "Why is the zoo on this side?" just as Missy said, "Why does my GPS say we are going on 40 East?" We all started laughing uncontrollably as we inched towards a not-so-safe part of St. Louis (we called it a tour), and got back on the right direction to head towards dinner. One of those hilarious memories I know I will never forget! Next entry: our rehearsal dinner!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Ginger Bay, too! I've been going there since they were in a tiny corner storefront on Manchester near West County. They are wonderful. I see you got your nails done by Amanda! Amanda is my girl - I've been going to her for a few years. She's awesome.

    I look forward to more posts. It's so much fun to see everything. I listened on the radio, so it's nice to see! I did make Kristen Van Horn text me a picture that night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! Amanda was great! She told me she has a son in middle school, so we chatted about pre-adolescents for quite some time! I'm glad you are enjoying the posts-it is hard to keep up with everything lately! I never thought that this wedding would exhaust me as much as it has (in a good way though)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...