Monday, February 20, 2012

Wedding Week- Post #1

Well hello everyone! Long time no see! I've been a little...preoccupied as of late. :)

I thought I'd break the wedding extravaganza-ness down into several posts. There is just TOO much to fit in one entry! I figured it was best to start at the weekend before the wedding, when all of the fun really began!


We had already been in full "wedding mode" at the Tackett house even before last weekend. Gifts started arriving, showers were thrown, bachelor/bachelorette parties were celebrated, and we had appointments/meetings nearly every day of the week! We were immersed in all things wedding!

Opening Wedding Gifts





Bachelorette Party fun!

Bachelorette Party

At the end of Kolby's Bachelor Party!

This entire experience has felt incredibly surreal. Kolby and I kept saying that it felt like we were planning someone else's wedding. We'd even say things like, "This Kolby character sure is going to have a nice looking tux," etc. It didn't really hit us (at least me) that this was OUR WEDDING until Laura (my very best friend and spectacular maid of honor) arrived last Saturday afternoon!

Our signature pose

Kolby had to get in on it!


Having her with me made everything better! I wasn't as stressed with my bestie by my side! Not to mention, it was a blast having her stay with us! It was like college again! Laura arrived on the same day as my family from San Diego, and knowing that everyone was in town for our wedding made everything feel very real. WE were the ones getting married. WE were tying the knot in just a few short days! It felt crazy, exciting, exhilarating, you name it! We never had "cold feet," but it was insane to think that we were going from boyfriend and girlfriend to husband in wife in just a month and a half! Mind you, ten years of dating helps alleviate any worries. :)

The next day we went to pick up Laura's fantastic boyfriend Armando from the airport! Armando was so gracious to come and be here with Laura for the wedding and to spend time with us (especially Kolby while the girls did girly things), and he is responsible for many of the wonderful photos you will see in the blog posts to come! Armando and I have met the last two times that I went to Texas, but this was Kolby's first time meeting him. 


We decided to go out to lunch (O'Charley's- a college favorite) and then headed over to my parents' house to spend time with my extended family!

Matching scarves! We had to get in a Target run!



Margaritas!

Laura had to get her QT sweet tea fix!

We went to sleep on Sunday night (very late, after an extended Broadway musical sing-along session), eager to wake up and begin the wedding festivities! On the agenda for Monday? Rehearsal at the Magic House, manicures/pedicures, and our Rehearsal Dinner at Winery of the Little Hills! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...