Monday- Help with registration 700am-12:30
Team Meeting @ Bread Company- 1:00-3:00ish
Work on bulletin boards at school for Drama Club- 3:00-4:30
Tuesday- Set up for Technology Boot Camp session 7:00-9:00
Run session on Google Sites at Tech Boot Camp 9:00-12:00
Work on projects/make copies 12:00-whenever
Wednesday- Work on projects/classroom 7:00-whenever
Thursday- Work on projects/classroom 7:00-4:00
Tutor 4:00-5:00
Friday- Work at New Student BBQ 9:00-whenever
Even though it's a lot, I am very excited! I'm especially excited for our Team Meeting at Bread Company tomorrow...no...not just because of their delicious broccoli cheddar soup and their perfect iced tea...I'm most excited because tomorrow I get to meet our new math teacher! I am very sad to see our previous math teacher go, but I'm happy that she got to move back closer to her family. I don't know much about the "newbie" except that this is her very first year of teaching-and it doesn't get much more exciting than that! I called her on the phone to congratulate her and she seems super sweet and very excited/nervous/overwhelmed (all of the emotions you feel as a newb) and it got me thinking: what advice do I wish I would have received my first year teaching? What would have made me feel welcome/"at home" in my new building? I decided, being that this is my summer of being extra crafty, that I would make her a little welcome gift. Here's what I came up with:
I hunted through the dollar bins at Target and put this little guy together. It includes some stickers, a magnetic note pad, some cute post-its, push pins and paper clips, and some Advil (what every teacher truly needs). Cute huh?
Then I tied it all up with some ribbon that I had leftover.
And finally I added the cutest part of all-a little card that I attached using a cute green binder clip!
I think it's a cute, warm little welcome for our new teammate, and it only cost me $5.00! I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow!
What advice do you wish you would have received your first year teaching? Did anyone give you a "warm welcome?"



I'm no judging you for eating custard for breakfast... I'm judging you for having custard LEFTOVER! Who doesn't eat the whole thing?! Geez, Melissa... JK! Have a great "first week"! Your newbie teacher is lucky to have you as a coworker!
ReplyDeleteLOL We ordered LARGES because we were starving...too much even for me!
ReplyDelete